PAYNE: It’s a scandal. When it’s truly ever uncovered what’s going on here, a lot of men, 25, 26 years old sitting on a porch all day long because every two weeks they get a crazy check and they’re on disability.
Not that his assertions on how easy it is to get disability show how little he knows of the Social Security programs, but he even screwed up the most basic of facts that a simple search on SSA.GOV would show. People getting any type of Social Security benefits, whether disability, retirement, survivor, or SSI, get paid once a month.
You receive SSI benefits on the 1st of the month and your DIB benefits once a month based on the day you were born.
Is it Time to Seek Support From an SSI Attorney or Advocate Firm? | Featured | JusticeNewsFlash Release
The following are key considerations in determining whether it may be time to seek support from an SSI attorney or advocate firm:
• Have you filed a claim that was initially denied? Many claims are at first denied for various reasons. Those who meet the eligibility requirements should not be dissuaded from re-filing for benefits. With professional support, they may be able to obtain approval.
• Do you understand the requirements and filing guidelines outlined by the Social Security Administration? Social Security has strict guidelines for filing and eligibility requirements. With professional support, one may be better able to understand the process and navigate the required steps with someone advocating on their behalf.
• Are you able to keep track of important dates and deadlines pertaining to your filing? A professional in this area can offer support in keeping track of important dates and deadlines a claimant may be unable to stay abreast of.
• Are you afraid of making mistakes on your application that could be maintained on record? Mistakes on one’s application may stay on record; therefore, it is important to take steps to ensure that one’s application is as error free and complete as possible and an experienced professional can provide the needed support.
• Are you familiar with Social Security law? Not understanding certain elements of Social Security law can lead to costly mistakes for applicants that could contribute to the denial of their claim. An experienced professional can help one better understand the law with regard to how it pertains to their claim.